The New Standard, with Jamie Saft on piano and organ, Steve Swallow on electric bass and Bobby Previte on drums is now available to pre-order from the RareNoiseStore. It is available as
- Combo (Double 180gm Vinyl + CD Digipack + .mp3 download + .flac download)
- Double Vinyl (Double 180gm Vinyl + .mp3 download)
- CD Digipack (4 Panel CD Digipack + .mp3 download)
- HD .flac (24bit/96KHz lossless download – Studio Master Quality)
- .flac (16bit/44.1KHz lossless download- CD Quality)
- .mp3 (lossy – for Iphone, Android and Portable devices)
Combo and Vinyl orders will ship around JUNE 10TH 2014
CD Digipack orders will ship around MAY 20TH 2014
May 2014 will see the release of an incredible recording, featuring three colossi of their respective arts – The New Standard.
Words fail us, when trying to present you this masterpiece. Recorded in Jamie Saft’s Potterville Studios direct to analogue tape under supervision of legendary engineer, producer and mixer Joe Ferla, The New Standard captures the magical meeting between pianist and composer extraordinaire Jamie Saft (whose releases on RareNoise include Slobber Pup, Plymouth, Metallic Taste of Blood, Berserk!), Bass Legend Steve Swallow and legendary drummer Bobby Previte.
The New Standard will be available in all the usual formats, mastered from analogue tape for timeless sonic perfection.
For the time being, enjoy snapshots from the very recent vinyl mastering sessions at Masterdisk under the watchful eye of Scott Hull and Alex De Turk
Finally – here’s a short video from the cutting sessions – with an exclusive taste of The New Standard :